(619) 865-5421

American Information Specialists

Employment Locates

When You Absolutely, Positively Must Find Someone

Trying to Find Where Someone Works?

We No Longer Provide Employment Locates

We’re very sorry, but we no longer provide employment information on anyone. Why? The short answer is that they’re way too expensive and unreliable. And then there’s the GLB – the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, enacted in 1999. You can click on that link and read more about financial investigations. Here’s why we won’t do them:

The information out there are the internet regarding employment locates is dismal. Be very careful. Many “Employment Locate Brokers” out there will charge you an outrageous fee up front and then provide you with old, obsolete information. Their excuse will be “But they were working there when we did the search!” Yeah, right. We also got tired of finding someone’s actual employment for our clients, they then initiate the wage garnishment – and then request a refund from us after the debtor quits their job after one garnishment. Never again.

skip trace prose does not perform employment locates

For those in the Tax Overages Business, sometimes it’s useful to try and find someone’s employment. That way, you can contact them through their work contact information. However, a better way to contact that person is to ask us to perform a skip trace for that person.

Other than getting a possible hit from “The Work Number” website, there’s really no magical database out there that provides this type of information. The Social Security Administration (SSA), certainly won’t give it to us. However, when we are in the process of skip tracing someone, sometimes we’ll “accidentally” run across that information and will be happy to give it to you at no additional cost.

Until there are new resources available, we’re going to continue to pass on providing these types of locates. I have written a blog post detailing the best way to find someone’s current employment. Click on that link for some detailed information on how you can accomplish this search by yourself.

Here’s another link to an article that a friend of mine, Peter Gilboy, wrote on the problems with employment locates. These articles may aid you in deciding whether or not you even want to perform these types of searches. Personally, I would go after their bank accounts – or conduct a debtor’s exam instead.

Call us at (619) 865-5421 or fill out our Search Inquiry Form to get started finding your Subject.